Skip to main content
Assistant Project Manager – Buildings Connectivity
Join Us In ‘Building for the Future’
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
We are innovators, problem‑solvers, and best‑in‑class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to support world-class infrastructure projects across the globe. We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment.
In your first project with us, you’ll be working on a program of work that is designing and building world-class scientific research facilities across Canada. Such spaces require high-tech building connectivity, and you’ll be part of the team managing these projects. You don’t need to be a tech expert, but you should be excited by working in the space where buildings and construction meet hardware technology requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Monitoring: coordinate and monitor daily tasks to ensure the project is running smoothly on time and within budget. Relay relevant information regarding progress, identified risks and issues to the project management team.
- Reporting: compile project reports and coordinate their distribution to relevant team members following established communication plans.Assist in forecasting, preparing and updating the project budgets.
- Support contract management: assist in the preparation of procurement documents and, after contract award, track contract deliverables. Assist in the management of relationships with external vendors.
- Document control: ensure all project documents (plans, reports, change requests) are logged and tracked correctly. Attend project meetings, document and issue meeting minutes and track action items.
- Learning opportunities: participate in project workshops (such as risk workshops, consultant engagement sessions etc.) to gain more exposure to project management principles and learn how project challenges are addressed, mitigated and opportunities for improvement uncovered
What you’ll bring: (must-have qualifications/competences)
- Strong team player with a growth mindset and a passion for what you do!
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 5+ years experience supporting engineering, construction or design projects as a Project Administrator/Coordinator
- Previous experience supporting public sector projects
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills, sound judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, specifically Excel, Word and Project.
- Existing Government of Canada security clearance at the Secret level.
Why work at Tiree?
- People: We are a diverse team, with different perspectives, but a shared and tenacious dedication to getting things done, and ensuring we leverage our collective abilities to achieve the best result.
- Impactful projects: Our projects reflect world-class innovations and transformations and we are so excited to get to work on them!
- Career Pathways: Carve out your path, one that’s unique to you. And we’ll be there, every step of the way to help pave that path in providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed.
- Wellness: We care about the well-being of our team members and recognize that many of them are supporting families, friends, and loved ones. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, access to virtual health care professionals 24/7.
- Employee recognition: Every single day, we see our team members achieve something great. Milestones are important and we enjoy celebrating them!
- Collaboration and Connection: We are proud of our Tiree Team, and our focus remains on continuing to create opportunities for collaboration and connection.
- Timely communication: We deeply appreciate time you invest in applying – you will hear from us
- Value-add interview process: We will not drag out the interview process, we aim to limit the entire interviews to 2 sessions at the most
- Hiring decision: Our hiring team will hold debrief sessions to assess your candidacy to arrive at fair, impartial and objective decision
- Authentic communication: We shall share relevant information that describes our company, culture, and the role you have applied for to empower you in your decision about joining Tiree.
Interested in learning more?
Check out our full range of project typologies: tiree.ca/services
We understand that you may not have all the requisite experience/qualifications listed above – apply anyway and include a cover letter telling us more about you! We are interested in hearing from you and if we think your experience align with any of our current/future opportunities, we will be in touch!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We strive to create a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion where everyone at Tiree feels welcome, supported and celebrated. There is dynamism and pride in a community shaped by diverse voices, perspectives and lived experiences. We want to empower you to be you.
We are extremely proud of our teams – they are strong, determined, dedicated people who aspire to excellence, and they make our organization better every day. Our goal is to meet that standard of excellence in our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility and for our teams to reflect the wonderful diversity of the communities in which we live and work.
If contacted regarding an opportunity with us, please advise our recruitment team of any accommodation measures you may require.
Our commitment to you as a candidate